Saturday, February 19, 2005

How Do I Love Ya? Let's Count It Down:

There are many reasons to love my husband.

He is smart, he is funny, he is kind. He will visit people in the hospital; when I'm sick he makes me matzo ball soup. From scratch.

If it is anywhere within the realm of reason, he is happy to cater to my whims. He thinks I'm sort of lazy. He doesn't really care if I'm lazy. He is handsome, and is not even very vain about it, although he is a bit of a clotheshorse. When he describes his ideal woman, he describes me.

He has a nice, manly name: Scott. He still prefers to be called 'Scotty'. He loves Halloween and costume parties as much as I do. He appreciates Kurosawa, but breaks out the popcorn just as happily for Galaxy Quest. He loves word games, and he's a little corny, if you wanna know the truth.

He calls talk radio programs. He has opinions. He is a hard worker. He's a great cook. He has a strange kind of luck. He'll sing karaoke, even when he's nervous, because he's a great big ham. He loves dogs and babies.

He is a funny, confusing, wonderful friend to me, and I hope to have at least sixty more years to figure him out, to go with the six years I've already tried.


Posted by Hello

1 comment:

QZB said...

He makes ME look bad, and I'm his wife!!