Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Happy Groundhog's Day

..to one and all, and I hope you all enjoy the six more weeks of winter that has been predicted. As a native Pittsburgher, I am an ardent supporter of Punxatawney Phil, the one true rodent prognosticator. He wears a top hat! Yea, Phil!

Since this is my first post and I am completely at sea here, I'll just mention a little bit about myself. I really love my Chihuahua, Che, and I enjoy cross stitch. I really wanted a way to share the projects I've been working on with friends and family, and this seems to be the most efficient way to do it.

I've also been working hard on keeping my New Year's resolution to.....yup, you guessed it, lose weight! Just like everybody else, I know, but I've actually got a system this time and I'm ahead of schedule. 'Rah!

OK, OK, I'll share the miracle system with you, I'm not selfish: watch what you eat and exercise some. AND --- the secret --- make a schedule of small goals. For example, if you figure out you want to lose 50 lbs, break that down by the number of weeks in which you would like to accomplish that loss so you know what you HAVE to lose per week to stay on track. Then figure what you need to lose each month from that, and mark your monthly goal weight on a year at a glance calendar. Every time you look at your calendar you'll clearly see what you have to lose that month to hit your small goal; it will also make it easier to take that walk or turn down that cookie dough sundae when you see you're five lbs away from your goal and have only a week to get there.

I didn't come up with this, I'm not that clever, but it's good common sense and I've found it to be really helpful. I am, for the first time in my adult life, on my way to achieving my weight loss and fitness goals, and it's exciting. : )

3 comments:

LeaDFW said...

I love it! I'm going to start following your advice -- tomorrow!

Charlotte said...

Like this blog, cool name. Question: I bellydance, how did you get into it? and how do you post pictures on here?

QZB said...

Sorry, I have no idea when Charlotte posted her comment. I got into bellydancing b/c an old friend (who eventually introduced me to the man who became my husband) signed us up for it. So it was a done deal, I had no input into the matter. She still dances, BTW, and teaches Middle Eastern dance and yoga in Columbus Ohio. Posting pictures is pretty easy, you just upload your picture to a hosting site, then drop the link into your post. It's been a while since I've posted anything, let alone a picture, but if it's easy enough that I can figure it out, LITERALLY anyone can. :)