Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Yesterday Was a Great Day

First, I woke up with a back ache.

(Stick with me, it's gets better.)

Now, I wouldn't normally broadcast something like that, because I hate to make excuses, but I was so cranky with my friend Jules because of my back pain that I felt I should offer some sort of explanation. So I apologized for my crankiness, blaming my hurt back.

"Wait," she said, "I can't make my massage appointment for today, why don't you take it? I'll have to pay for it anyway..."

What, what, what?! The very day my back is hurt, and someone has a free massage appointment to offer me? I felt that I'd be spitting in the universe's face if I didn't accept.

So I went. And, although it was a new experience (always anxiety-producing for me), it was absolutely amazing! If anyone in Columbus is looking for a wonderful massage therapist, I am delighted to recommend Ardon Smith. Trust me, this guy is magic, and so generous with his time and energy. I can't say enough good things about him.

Now, since this is me we're talking about, here's the funny part. My back was hurting, but the real problem is.....my ass.

My magnificent bottom, it seems, is clenched. This isn't something I'm regularly accused of, but the proof is in the pudding, and my gluteus medius is in knots! Ardon gave me a right working over, and I gotta tell you, I'll take a butt massage over a back massage any day.

So there you have it. The universe is still up to its tricks, my life is still odd and wonderful, all's right with the world.

No comments: