Thursday, March 17, 2005

Bat Boy: The Musical

My friends and I rented a van and drove to Canton, Ohio --- of all places --- to see Bat Boy: The Musical this past Saturday.

Besides being a lot of fun (be sure to stay for Act II, it really is not to be missed), I concur wholeheartedly with my friend Lisa, who said, "I'm just happy I know nine other people who would travel to see this."

Agreed. It's a great feeling to know that --- no matter how odd your tastes might be, no matter how strange your sense of humor --- someone will be there snickering beside you. Takes a little bit of the edge off family holidays, I can tell you, knowing that there's someone a phone call away to make the painful funny again.

Anyway, if you can find a van and nine people with whom to share it, I highly recommend taking a road trip to see Bat Boy. And if it's playing in your town, shame on you if you don't go. The story is nuts, the tunes are catchy, and --- if you're lucky --- you'll be sitting in a roomful of people a lot like you.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

There are few enough perfect moments in life. But when you're cackling maniacally and can look over and see friends doing the same, it's priceless.