Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Oh, Yeah, the Universe is Laughing Now

Ok, so I've mentioned that I've been doing The Artist's Way ("Boring Post Today, Kids"). This week I'm supposed to be affirming my desires and keeping on the lookout for serendipity --- happy accidents.

So, during the course of my journaling I realized that my semi-formed wish to take dance classes is a genuine desire that I've been downplaying because I just don't think it's practical right now. I'm afraid classes would be too expensive, given the fact that we're living on my miniscule salary and shouldn't be wasting money on "frivolous" things. And I don't have a partner to take dance classes with, anyway, while my husband is so busy with school.

I've been thinking a lot about this, and finally decided to affirm that I would a) find the money to take the classes and 2) find a partner to go with.

Step one, I actually found a $3 class at a local church! The universe wants me to take dance classes, hurrah! Now, about that partner....

Which the universe, apparently, is only toooo happy to send me.

A person I work with, who is not someone with whom I feel emotionally safe, came into the lunch room yesterday, sits down and asks, right off the bat, where he could take dance lessons in the city.

(Ever see somebody do a really cheesy double take? That was me; throw some synchronicity my way and I'm in the Catskills.)

"Dance lessons?" one of the others enquired. "What kind of dance lessons?"

"Any kind, I just want to get my heart rate up," came the reply. "Anything but ballroom."

"What about salsa?" I asked, casually.

"Yeah," he answered, "but I don't have a partner."

Remember, earlier ("Hey Everybody, This is Ted and Annette Fleming"), when I talked about the universe being a literal thinker? Having a sense of humor? Oh, wait, is that a hearty chuckle I hear?

Why, oh why, Universe? Why didn't I be more specific? Why didn't I spell it out?? Why didn't I specify taking dance lessons I could afford with someone I actually like?? What was I thinking?!

Is this a case where there is a higher lesson to be learned?
Does the universe want me to open myself up to this person; could I really risk spending personal time with a person I'm not entirely sure of? I honestly do not know.

Or perhaps I'm just meant to note this synchronicity, this literal-minded answering of my prayers, to realize that the universe is paying attention to my desires.

And, in future, to be a little more clear about what I want.

1 comment:

LeaDFW said...

Yeah . . . I think I'd take it as the universe fucking with you. Definitely.