Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm Keeping My Fingers Crossed

Well, I did it. Something kinda crazy. I'm even a little embarrassed to admit it, but 1) it's a little exciting and B) I don't have anything else to write about today, so what the hell.

I wrote a story.

And I sent it to a magazine for publication.

Squee!

Now, I'm no writer, I can't just sit down and make up a story. But I can describe stuff that I see pretty well, and I'm a good editor. So I got a flash of a scene, and I just started describing it, and darn if it didn't turn out okay! So I showed it to my sister and my husband, just to get a little feedback, and when they didn't think I was too off my rocker I decided to go out on a limb and submit it.

I'm really nervous, I have to admit, but I'm also proud of myself for having the nerve to do it. I'm trying not to get my hopes too far up, but keep your fingers crossed, too, okay?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed.