Thursday, May 12, 2005

An Exciting Day for Che

Small Dog had a very exciting day yesterday, he fell into the fish pond.

One minute he's watching the fish eat, the next thing I know is I hear a big "KER-PLUNK" and he's splashing around for dear life. (Honestly, it was exactly the sound you hear when you drop a big rock into a lake. Everytime I think about it, I just have to chuckle.)

Anyway, this is why the dogs are never allowed in the back yard on their own; they are very small, and our pond is very deep. This could be serious trouble. Fortunately, I was there to pull his sorry, damp self out of the pond, good as new.

The fish, however, are COMPLETELY traumatized. You can imagine how THEY feel: one minute it's supper, the next minute there's a dog on their heads. It's no wonder they won't come out from the lily pads now. It's kind of a shame, though, I really love watching them all swimming and schooling. It's one of the highlights of my day.

Watching Che eat is a little less poetic, but I guess it will have to do. At least until the fish have recovered.

2 comments:

LeaDFW said...

You could get a few more chihuahuas and watch them school . . .

Lisa said...

Poor traumatized Che. I hope he's recovered. You need to put a little life vest on him when he's out back.